Abrahámovce (Slovak pronunciation: [ˈabraɦaːmɔwtse]), 1952-1982 Abrahamovce (German: Abrahamsdorf) is a village and municipality in Kežmarok District in the Prešov Region of northern central Slovakia. In historical records the village was first mentioned in 1286. It is situated 12 km east from the district capital Kežmarok. The municipality lies at an altitude of 713 metres and covers an area of 6.653 km2. It has a population of about 225 people.
In historical records, the village was first mentioned in 1288.
The village was once part of the County of the Ten Lance-bearers (Sedes X lanceatorum), a historical autonomous administrative unit within the wider Spiš county. The County of the Ten Lance-bearers existed between the 12th century and 1802, when it merged with the Spiš county proper.
Economy and Infrastructure
The village is situated in a halfway between Poprad and Spišská Nová Ves. In Abrahámovce, there is a kindergarten, grocery store, public library, football pitch and a pub. Important local sights include the rococo church, reconstructed in the second half of the 18th century. One part of Abrahámovce consists of the recreational cottage settlement Píkovce, with about 30 holiday chalets.
The records for genealogical research are available at the state archive "Statny Archiv in Levoca, Slovakia"
Roman Catholic church records (births/marriages/deaths): 1696-1898 (parish A)
Greek Catholic church records (births/marriages/deaths): 1877-1925
Census records 1869 of Abrahamovce are available at the state archive.