The Ara Christi Charterhouse, or the Cartuja de Ara Christi, is a former Carthusian monastery located just outside the town of El Puig in the province of Valencia, Spain. The site now includes a hotel and utilizes the facilities for functions.
The charterhouse was constructed in 1585 by the monk architect Fray Antonio Ortiz, under the sponsorship of the Roig family of Valencia. The monastic community came from the Porta Coeli Charterhouse in Serra, Valencia. The sober, Renaissance-style church suffered stripping of most of the ornaments and paintings by Napoleonic troops in 1808. The Carthusians were suppressed in 1835. The premises subsequently housed Capuchin monks, who abandoned the site in the 1970s.
In 1996 it was declared a Bien de Interés Cultural for Spain.