Byšice

Add to Bucket ListAdded!

Quick Summary

Location
50°19'00"N
014°37'00"E
Country
 Czech Republic
Categories
  • Uncathegorised
Rating
Take me there!

Description

Byšice is a municipality and village in Mělník District in the Central Bohemian Region of the Czech Republic. It has about 1,400 inhabitants.

History

The first written mention of Byšice is from 1321. The name is believed to originate from the personal name Byš.The seal comes from the 15th or 16th century. The coat of arms is derived from this seal.By 1932, the town had 1,235 inhabitants. It also had a post office, telegraph office, telephone office, gendarmerie station, volunteer fire brigade, drugstore, 3 barbers, 7 inns, plumber, wheelwright, 4 blacksmiths, 5 tailors, mechanic, 2 mills, Bata shoe store, 2 shoemakers, 3 bakers, 2 midwives, sawmill, roofer, food factory Gráf a spol., 7 peasants, saddler, 3 butchers, 10 general merchandise stores, Savings and Reserve Association Pro Byšice and Liblice, 4 seamstresses, 4 carpenters, 2 coal shops, smoker, large estate, 4 gardeners, and 3 locksmiths.

Economy

In Byšice is located one of the most significant Czech food-producing companies, Vitana. The company was founded in 1919 as Graf and it was moved into Byšice in 1927. In 2013 it became a part of the Orkla ASA conglomerate.

Sights

The most valuable building is the Church of St. John the Baptist. It is a Baroque building from 1690–1693. The church has been protected as a cultural monument.The church is a single rectangular building. It has a rectangular, triangular-ended presbytery. There is a rectangular sacristy in the axis of the building. The façade of the church is divided by pilasters. There are niches in the side fields of the façade. In the middle of the facade is a rectangular portal with a supraport and a rectangular window with a segmental niche. In the side parts of the facade above the pilasters takes place laying. Above the middle part is a ledge. The façade is finished with a wing gable with vases, pilasters and niches. The side facades have lysine frames and semicircular windows.The presbytery and the sacristy have a barrel vault with lunettes. The ship has a flat ceiling. There is an indistinct stucco decoration on the vault and wall of the presbytery and the semicircular triumphal arch. The walls of the nave are divided by cornice pilasters with stucco decoration. There are stucco cut fields on the ceiling of the ship.
This dGuide uses material from the Wikipedia,
released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0.

Rating

Overall Rating
Please comment your rating:

Please log in to rate this dGuide!