Bystřice nad Pernštejnem (Czech pronunciation: [ˈbɪstr̝̊ɪtsɛ ˈnat pɛrnʃtɛjnɛm]; German: Bistritz ob Pernstein) is a town in the Vysočina Region, Czech Republic. It has a population of about 8,000.
It was established in the 13th century and got it was named after river Bystřice. The first written record about the Bystřice can be traced back to 1298. In the 14th century it became the economic and commercial center of the surrounding villages in Pernštejn dominion. Rudolf II promoted Bystřice to town in 1580. By this occasion the town received its coat of arms. The owners of the town changed frequently after 1588 when it was sold by Jan from Pernštejn.
In 1905 the town was connected by railway with Žďár nad Sázavou and Tišnov which contributed to development of local industry. The town also benefited from the development of uranium industry in Dolní Rožínka. In 1925 Bystřice was renamed to 'Bystřice nad Pernštejnem'. In 2010 the town square was renovated.
The town has following parts: Divišov, Dvořiště, Bratrušín, Domanínek, Domanín, Karasín, Kozlov, Lesoňovice, Pivonice, Rovné and Vítochov.
Otto Eisler (1893–1968), architect
Twin towns – sister cities
Bystřice nad Pernštejnem is twinned with:
Vranov nad Topľou, Slovakia