Falenica is a part of Wawer, one of districts of Warsaw, located on the right bank of the Vistula, in the far southeastern corner of the city. Until 1951 it was a separate village, then it became part of Warsaw. Before the Second World War Falenica, which is located in a forested area, was a favorite location for summer cottages and houses.
World War II
During World War II the Germans opened a Jewish ghetto there, called Falenica-Miedzeszyn Ghetto. All of its inhabitants were transported to Treblinka in August 1942. Falenica is located along the main rail line, which connects Warsaw with Lublin.