Fullersburg was a former village in Downers Grove Township and York Township, DuPage County, Illinois near the Cook County border. Though never incorporated in its own name, the area is historically important to the development of Hinsdale and Oak Brook, Illinois.The area was originally called Brush Hill and was claimed by Orente Grant when the Indian land in Illinois was ceded to the United States in 1833. Benjamin Fuller, of Broome County, New York, arrived in 1835 with his parents Jacob and Candace Fuller and some other relatives, and settled at Ginger Creek at what later became Spring Road in Oak Brook. Ben Fuller built a house in 1840 on what is now York Road. (By 1985, this Fuller House had moved into the Fullersburg Woods Forest Preserve from its original location.) By 1851, he owned most of the area, and in 1851 subdivided and platted; the name changed from Brush Hill to Fullersburg.