Hervartov is a village and municipality in Bardejov District in the Prešov Region of north-east Slovakia.
In historical records the village was first mentioned in 1406. The wooden church in the village was built around 1500 and is a Roman Catholic wooden church. It has beautiful frescoes inside and due to its cultural and historical value it was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2008.
The municipality lies at an altitude of 450 metres and covers an area of 9.872 km2 (3.81 sq mi).
It has a population of about 503 people.
The records for genealogical research are available at the state archive "Statny Archiv in Presov, Slovakia"
Roman Catholic church records (births/marriages/deaths): 1749-1897 (parish B)
Greek Catholic church records (births/marriages/deaths): 1819-1938 (parish B)