Jüri is a small borough (Estonian: alevik) in Harju County, northern Estonia. It is located 12 km (7.5 mi) southeast of the capital Tallinn, by the Tallinn–Tartu road (E263), directly after the intersection with Tallinn Ring Road (nr. 11). Jüri is the administrative centre of Rae Parish. Jüri has a population of 3,426 as of 1 January 2012.Jüri has grown out of two parts: the centre of Sommerling kolkhoz (former Rosenhagen Manor) in the west and construction industry base with a residential area (former Jüri church and village) in the east. In the middle there is a protected Lehmja oak grove.In the 1630s the Rosenhagen Manor (Lehmja since 1917) was established; nowadays the site is located in western Jüri. Today, though the wooden main building has been destroyed, several side buildings such as the workers house have remained.The earlier Jürgens (Jüri) church was probably located in Karla in 1401. The current church in Jüri was built in 1885 on the site of a medieval church building. From 1713 to 1748, Anton thor Helle, the translator of the first Estonian Bible, was the pastor in Jürgens.