K.A.P.Viswanatham Government Medical College

Add to Bucket ListAdded!

Quick Summary

Location
10°47'50"N
078°40'38"E
Country
 India
Categories
  • Uncathegorised
Rating
Take me there!

Description

K.A.P. Viswanatham Medical College is a medical college. It run by the state government of Tamil Nadu, which is recognized by the Medical Council of India. It is located in the city of Trichy, in Tamil Nadu. The college was ranked third by students in counselling in 2010.

Admission

The college admits 150 students to the MBBS course once every year through NEET. Of this 85% is state quota which is allotted by DME of Government of Tamil Nadu and the remaining 15% is All India Quota allotted by MCC of Central Government of Republic of India.

Facilities

The college has more than 30 departments. There are three men's hostels and two women's hostels on campus. It has a stadium that seats 750. There are four lecture halls with over 150 seats. The Central Library is home to over 7,000 books and national and international journals. It has two reading halls, one for masters and the other for professors. There are two indoor and outdoor sports facilities, including a gymnasium, a basketball court, a feather ball stadium, a badminton and two volleyball courts. It also has the ability to play round ball, golf ball, table tennis, soccer and foot ball.

Courses offered

Undergraduate Medical Course

MBBS (5 and a half years in duration) with 150 seats per year from 2013.

Postgraduate Medical Courses

Degree courses (3 years in duration)MD General Medicine (14 seats/year) MD Anesthesiology (13 seats/year) MD Biochemistry (05 seats/year) MD Paediatrics (09 seats/year) MD Psychiatry (04 seats/year) MD Pathology (06 seats/year) MD Microbiology (03 seats/year) MD Forensic Medicine (03 seats/year) MD Anatomy (03 seats/year) MS General Surgery (16 seats/year) MS Obstetrics and Gynecology (09 seats/year) MS Orthopaedics (05 seats/year) MS Ophthalmology (02 seats/year) MS Ear, Nose and Throat (02 seats/year)

Super Speciality Courses

Degree courses (3 years in duration)DM Cardiology (02 seats/year) DM Neurology (02 seats/year)

Diplomo Courses

Diploma in Nursing (Three and a half years including six months Internship) Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (Two years)

Technician Courses

Theatre Technician (1 Year) Anaesthesia Technician (1 Year) Orthopaedic Technician (1 Year) Emergency Care Technician (1 Year) Respiratory Therapy Technician (1 Year) Certified of Radiological Assistant (1 Year)

Other Courses

Nursing Assistant Course (1 Year) Physician Assistant

Classes and years of entry

Every class of MBBS students has assigned to itself an (unofficial) name denoting the year of their entry into the medical school. The recent batches 1997 - Genesis 2009 - Cedicianz 2010 - Krenoviantz 2011 - Rapharites Onze 2012 - Incaendo Decernozz 2013 - Walderianz 2014 - Desperato Xaidenz 2015 - Asphyro Tritanz 2016 - Zehastianz 2017 - Spiloglasterz 2018 - liewentronz 2019 - Yexordianz 2020 -
This dGuide uses material from the Wikipedia,
released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0.

Rating

Overall Rating
Please comment your rating: