Kalinov is a village and municipality in the Medzilaborce District in the Prešov Region of far north-eastern Slovakia.
In historical records the village was first mentioned in 1596 and 1604.
In the autumn of 1944, Kalinov was the first municipality in former Czechoslovakia liberated by the Allies.
The municipality lies at an altitude of 453 metres and covers an area of 13.784 km². It has a population of about 300 people.
The records for genealogical research are available at the state archive "Statny Archiv in Presov, Slovakia"
Roman Catholic church records (births/marriages/deaths): 1786-1898 (parish B)
Greek Catholic church records (births/marriages/deaths): 1794-1895 (parish B)