Kravaře (Czech pronunciation: [ˈkravar̝ɛ]; German: Deutsch-Krawarn) is a town in Opava District the Moravian-Silesian Region of the Czech Republic. It has around 6,700 inhabitants. It is located between Ostrava (20 kilometres (12 mi) away) and Opava (10 kilometres (6.2 mi) away). It is part of the Hlučínsko micro-region.
Villages Kouty and Dvořisko are administrative parts of Kravaře.
The first historical record of Kravaře is from 1224. Since 1742 the village belonged to Prussia after Maria Theresa had been defeated. For centuries Kravaře was only a village; it gained town status in 1960.
Being located in the multi-ethnic Hlučín Region of Czech Silesia, Kravaře was a notable exception to the mass Expulsion of the Germans from Czechoslovakia following World War II, retaining a sizeable ethnic German community.
There is an ice-hockey venue Buly Aréna, which was opened in 2003. The town's football team is SK Kravaře.
Baroque style chateau
Church of St. Bartholomew
Church of St. Nicolaus
Statue of St. John of Nepomuk
Pavel Kravař (1391–1433), Hussite physician burned at the stake for heresy in St Andrews, Scotland
Josef Papesch (1919–2005), recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross during World War II
Ivo Žídek (1926–2003), soloist of National Theatre in Prague
Josef Jařab (born 1937), former rector of the Palacký University of Olomouc, professor of English and American studies
Erich Šefčík (1945–2004), Silesian historian, founder of the local Museum
Alois Hadamczik (born 1952), ice hockey coach
Monika Brzesková (born 1977), Miss Europe 1995, mayor of the town
Twin towns – sister cities
Kravaře is twinned with: