Krośniewice [krɔɕɲɛˈvʲit͡sɛ] is a town in Kutno County, Łódź Voivodeship, Poland, with 4,458 inhabitants (2016).The European routes E30 and E75 used to intersect in the town until a bypass was built around the town in 2010. The main railway between Warsaw and Poznań passes through it. It also serves as an important depot of a narrow gauge railway line operating in the area.There is also a museum in central Krośniewice, called the Jerzy Dunin Borkowski Museum, which was named after the "Hetman of the Polish Collectors", Jerzy Dunin-Borkowski. This museum contains various important historical artifacts connected to such historical figures as Napoleon and Paderewski.
The town was first mentioned in historical documents from 1387 or 1388, and was apparently owned by a particular knight at the time, from the clan Awdaniec (or Abdank). The town's Coat of Arms is derived from the heraldry of that clan.
The town had 3500 residents in 1926. During World War II, Krośniewice was occupied by the German Army on 16 September 1939. Like many cities and towns in Poland, it was the site of a German-run ghetto, where the Jewish population of the town was confined before being sent to the death camps.