Mšeno (Czech pronunciation: [ˈm̩ʃɛno]; German: Wemschen) is a small town in the Central Bohemian Region of the Czech Republic. It has about 1,500 inhabitants.
The Slavic people settled the town area c. 5th-6th century CE. Evidence suggests that in early times the place may have been called "Black Village" due to the many fires that raged there. Whatever the case, the first recorded mention of Mšeno was in 1306, in a document signed by Wenceslaus III awarding the then-village to aristocrat Hynek Berka z Dubé; he, and his son after him, ensured the growing prosperity of the area. In 1367, Charles IV raised Mšeno to the rank of "town".