The Museum of the Earth in Warsaw (pol. Muzeum Ziemi PAN w Warszawie), established in 1948 and continuing a tradition initiated by Earth Museum Society back in 1932, has been operating within the structure of the Polish Academy of Sciences since 1959.
The Museum of the Earth is located in two historical buildings at Na Skarpie Avenue in the center of Warsaw, perched on high Vistula escarpment.
The museum's collection comprises over 170,000 specimens and objects covering all geological sciences, with special regard to Polish minerals, precious stones, meteorites and rocks, Baltic amber, fossil flora and fauna and archival documents on the history of the Earth sciences. Particular noteworthy is its extensive collection of amber and other fossil resins, ranking among the largest natural-science collections of its type worldwide.
Permanent exhibitions and Exhibit stands
Processes Shaping The Earth
From The Earth's Geological Past
Amber - From Liquid Resin To Ornamental Art
Meteorites - Stones From The Sky
Large Mammals Of The Ice Age
Before Coal Was Formed
Armored Lords of the Early Seas
From the Archives Treasures of the Museum of the Earth
Beginnings of Geology in Poland
Earth Science Scholars on Postage Stamps
Especially expositions from series: Nature And Art
Monument Erratic Boulders
Lapidarium - Building Stones In Poland
Historical - exhibit point
The Lasting Blood Of Warsaw's Insurgents - the traces of blood that are preserved on the marble steps of the stairs at the Pniewski villa at 27 Na Skarpie Av., where today Museum of the Earth has exhibit rooms, are an extraordinary and one of a kind venue for the remembrance of the Warsaw Uprising of 1944.