The Newport Arms Hotel is a historic hotel listed on the shores of Pittwater. The hotel was first constructed in 1880, and is still a popular spot for tourists and visitors to visit on the weekend. It currently operates under the branding of The Newport, following its acquisition by hospitality group Merivale in 2015.
Charles Edward Jeannerett, an entrepreneur from Sydney first established the hotel in 1880, as well as the adjacent Newport wharf. In 1881 Jeannerett hosted the visits by Prince Albert and Prince George (later to become King George V), taking them on a tour of the surrounding Pittwater and up the Hawkesbury River system. In the early 1890s day trippers would visit the hotel on the weekends, and drink bootleg alcohol that was produced by the McCarrs Creek moonshiners.In 2015, The Newport Arms Hotel was purchased by Merivale and renamed The Newport. Merivale launched the first phase of Newport's redevelopment in March 2016.