Olšany (German: Olleschau) is a municipality and village in Šumperk District in the Olomouc Region of the Czech Republic. It has about 1,000 inhabitants.
Village of Klášterec is an administrative part of Olšany.
Olšany lies approximately 8 kilometres (5 mi) west of Šumperk, 50 km (31 mi) north-west of Olomouc, and 176 km (109 mi) east of Prague. Olšany lies along the road leading from Šumperk to Červená Voda.
Olšany lies in the valley of the Morava River. The Bušínský and Kamenný streams also flows through the municipality. The highest point of the municipality is 601 meters above sea level.
The first mention of Olšany comes from 1386 referring about a local landowner Bolík of Olšany. Klášterec was first mentioned in 1349.A place situated in the northern part of Olšany was historically separated village Doubravice. Doubravice was bought by Ruda nad Moravou administrator in early 17th century, who moved inhabitants out and established a farm in the place.
In 1980, Klášterec was joined to Olšany.
A factory producing cigarette paper was established in 1862 and significantly changed the municipality's rural character and also caused steep growth of population. The brands of cigarette paper produced for retail are Party in House and Vážka. Warm wastewater was used as a source for local swimming pool.
A cinema, piste and the Youth Institute of Social Care operates in Olšany in 2013.