Opatovec (German: Überdörfel) is a municipality and village in Svitavy District in the Pardubice Region of the Czech Republic. It has about 700 inhabitants.
Opatovec lies approximately 6 kilometres (4 mi) north of Svitavy, 57 kilometres (35 mi) south-east of Pardubice, and 151 kilometres (94 mi) east of Prague.
The highest point of the municipal territory is Na Rozcestí hill with 465 metres (1,526 ft) above sea level. There are two major ponds in the municipality, Sychrovec and Pažez, supplied by the Mikulečský Stream.
The first written mention of Opatovec is from 1347. In 1697, the municipality of Opatovec was created by merger of Opatovec with small hamlets of Košíře, Český Lačnov and Starý Valdek.
The Chapel of Saint Wenceslaus is the landmark of Opatovec. It was built in the Baroque style in 1850. In Košíře, there is the Church of the Nativity of the Virgin Mary from 1793.