Perevoloka (Ukrainian: Переволо́ка) — village (selo) in Buchach Raion, Ternopil Oblast, of western Ukraine.
The population of the village is about 2 368 people and local government is administered by Perevolotska village council.
The village is located on the banks of the Strypa River and is situated at an altitude of 293 metres (960 ft) above sea level.
Perevoloka village is one of the largest villages in the district Buchach (Buchach Raion) and is located at a distance 62 kilometres (39 mi) from the regional center Ternopil, and 9 kilometres (5.6 mi) from the district center Buchach.
History and attractions
The date of establishment the village is considered 1467, though the first written record dates from the 1379. Near the village found archeological sights of Cucuteni-Trypillian culture and Culture of ancient Rus. In the ancient book Nestor chronik from 1113 there is a note of a city named Perevoloka that was sacked in the year 1092. The Nestor chronik is all about the culture of ancient Rus.
The village has a St. George Church (1895, stone), St. Trinity Church (1934, stone) and St. Josaphat Church.
Born in village
Ivan Kulyk, Bishop of the Ukrainian Greek-Catholic church