Pidlyssia (Ukrainian: Підли́сся) is a village (selo) in Zolochiv Raion, Lviv Oblast, of Western Ukraine.
Area of the village totals is 0,948 km2 and the population of village is just about 297 persons. Local government is administered by Bilokaminska village council.
The village is located at a distance of 4 kilometres (2.5 mi) from the highway in European route E40 E 40 connecting Lviv with Kiev. Distance from the regional center Lviv is 74 kilometres (46 mi) , 20 kilometres (12 mi) from the district center Zolochiv, and 474 kilometres (295 mi) from Kiev.
The first written mention of the village dates from the 1550 year. Parish school was opened in the village in 1866.
Cult constructions and religion
Architectural monuments of the Zolochiv Raion are located in the village Pidlyssia:
Church of the Transfiguration (Wooden), 1735 (sign. 1365).
Farmstead of Markiyan Shashkevych, 1811.
Markiyan Shashkevych – born November 6, 1811 in the village Pidlyssia. He was a priest of the Ukrainian Greek-Catholic Church, a poet, a translator, and the leader of the literary revival in Right Bank Ukraine.