Pogorzela [pɔɡɔˈʐɛla] (German: Brandenstein) is a town in Gostyń County, Greater Poland Voivodeship, Poland, with 1,958 inhabitants (as of 2004). Pogorzela is located on the western edge of the Kalisz Upland, at the junction of county roads Krotoszyn-Gostyń and the Koźmin-Krobia.
Pogorzela is first mentioned in the early 15th century when the town was owned by Wczelów-Pogorzelskich. In the 16th century the town became a center of Lutheranism, and in the 18th century became a centre of light industries.
In 1999 Pogorzela was administratively moved from Krotoszyn County to Gostyń County.
Pogorzela Town Hall
Late-Baroque church, built between 1778–1785
Ratusz Memorial in honor of the victims of the Nazi occupation of Poland.
The Château Park, now a City Park,
Windmill of 1870.
Former synagogue gutted during World War II