The Regina Saskatchewan Temple is the 65th operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church). It is located in East Regina on Wascana Creek close to the University of Regina but well away from the downtown business district in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada.
On November 14, 1998, Hugh W. Pinnock broke ground on Canada's third temple.Because of issues with transportation, LDS Church president Gordon B. Hinckley's dedication of the Halifax Nova Scotia Temple was delayed a day. Hinckley decided to go ahead with the dedication of the Halifax temple and apostle Boyd K. Packer was sent to dedicate the Regina temple. It was the first time two temples were dedicated the same day, and the first time since the dedication of the Manti Utah Temple in 1888 by Lorenzo Snow that a temple had been dedicated by a person who was not a member of the church's First Presidency.
Because of a truckers' strike, materials had not arrived until a few days before. Crews worked around the clock to finish the light grey granite facing, completing the exterior the night before the dedication. The temple was dedicated on November 14, 1999, and it has a total of 10,700 square feet (990 m2), two ordinance rooms, and two sealing rooms.
Sidney C Paulson, from Holladay, Utah died unexpectedly on October 12, 2018 while serving as president of the Regina Saskatchewan Temple.In 2020, the Regina Saskatchewan Temple was closed in response to the coronavirus pandemic.