The Road Up Raritan Historic District is located along River Road in Piscataway, Middlesex County, New Jersey. It is north of Raritan Landing, once an important inland port on the Raritan River during the 18th and 19th centuries. The name is taken from an earlier colonial era name for what was once a Lenape path, Assunpink Trail that became a main road parallel to the river. Piscataway Township itself was formed on December 18, 1666 as one of the first seven townships in East Jersey, and is one of the oldest municipalities in the state. The district includes nine of fourteen historic homes along an approximately 1.2 miles stretch of River Road. The Metlar-Bodine House and the Cornelius Low House are also in the immediate vicinity.
There are seven contributing properties in the district plus two properties that were previously listed.