The Rural Municipality of Cana No. 214 (2016 population: 867) is a rural municipality (RM) in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan within Census Division No. 5 and SARM Division No. 1. It is located in the southeast portion of the province.
The RM of Cana No. 214 incorporated as a rural municipality on December 13, 1909.
Heritage propertiesThere is one historical site located within the RM.
Home Quarter of the Wotherspoon Farm - Constructed in 1905, this homestead is located 41⁄2 miles north of Melville on Highway 47. The homestead is being restored as a historical site.
In the 2016 Census of Population conducted by Statistics Canada, the RM of Cana No. 214 recorded a population of 867 living in 337 of its 372 total private dwellings, a 1% change from its 2011 population of 858. With a land area of 820.9 km2 (317.0 sq mi), it had a population density of 1.1/km2 (2.7/sq mi) in 2016.In the 2011 Census of Population, the RM of Cana No. 214 recorded a population of 858, a 0.9% change from its 2006 population of 850. With a land area of 820.91 km2 (316.96 sq mi), it had a population density of 1.0/km2 (2.7/sq mi) in 2011.
The RM of Cana No. 214 is governed by an elected municipal council and an appointed administrator that meets on the second Tuesday of every month. The reeve of the RM is Robert Almasi while its administrator is Kali Tourney. The RM's office is located in Melville.
Melville Municipal Airport is located within the rural municipality.