The Rural Municipality of Chester No. 125 (2016 population: 383) is a rural municipality (RM) in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan within Census Division No. 5 and SARM Division No. 1. It is located in the southeast portion of the province.
The RM of Chester No. 125 incorporated as a rural municipality on December 13, 1909.
Heritage propertiesThere is one designated heritage building located within the rural municipality:
Clemence Schmitz Residence - The residence was constructed by Peter Schmitz who homesteaded in the area north west of Windthorst. in 1903. The residence include a small chapel. The building is currently being converted into a museum.
Communities and localities
The following urban municipalities are surrounded by the RM.
VillagesGlenavonThe following unincorporated communities are within the RM.
In the 2016 Census of Population conducted by Statistics Canada, the RM of Chester No. 125 recorded a population of 383 living in 138 of its 158 total private dwellings, a 2.7% change from its 2011 population of 373. With a land area of 837.08 km2 (323.20 sq mi), it had a population density of 0.5/km2 (1.2/sq mi) in 2016.In the 2011 Census of Population, the RM of Chester No. 125 recorded a population of 373, a -3.4% change from its 2006 population of 386. With a land area of 837.08 km2 (323.20 sq mi), it had a population density of 0.4/km2 (1.2/sq mi) in 2011.
The RM of Chester No. 125 is governed by an elected municipal council and an appointed administrator that meets on the first Wednesday of every month. The reeve of the RM is Merril Wozniak while its administrator is James Hoff. The RM's office is located in Glenavon.