The Rural Municipality of Cupar No. 218 (2016 population: 503) is a rural municipality (RM) in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan within Census Division No. 6 and SARM Division No. 2.
The RM of Cupar No. 218 incorporated as a rural municipality on December 13, 1909.
Heritage propertiesThere are two historical sites located within the RM.
Gregherd School Site - Constructed in 1914, the site contains a one-room school house and monument.
Wheatwyn Church (also called the Wheatwyn Lutheran Church or Zion Lutheran Church) - Established in 1906 - 1907 and constructed of field stone, the church is of a Gothic Vernacular style.
Communities and localities
The following urban municipalities are surrounded by the RM.
In the 2016 Census of Population conducted by Statistics Canada, the RM of Cupar No. 218 recorded a population of 503 living in 194 of its 222 total private dwellings, a -9.2% change from its 2011 population of 554. With a land area of 912.96 km2 (352.50 sq mi), it had a population density of 0.6/km2 (1.4/sq mi) in 2016.In the 2011 Census of Population, the RM of Cupar No. 218 recorded a population of 554, a 10.4% change from its 2006 population of 502. With a land area of 918.45 km2 (354.62 sq mi), it had a population density of 0.6/km2 (1.6/sq mi) in 2011.
The RM of Cupar No. 218 is governed by an elected municipal council and an appointed administrator that meets on the second Friday of every month. The reeve of the RM is Raymond Orb while its administrator is Nicole Czemeres. The RM's office is located in Cupar.