The Rural Municipality of Elmsthorpe No. 100 (2016 population: 226) is a rural municipality (RM) in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan within Census Division No. 2 and SARM Division No. 2. It is located in the southeast portion of the province.
The RM of Elmsthorpe No. 100 incorporated as a rural municipality on December 12, 1910.
Heritage propertiesThere are four historical properties located within the RM.
Claybank Brick Plant - Constructed in 1912 - 1914, and located within Claybank the plant is now a national historic site. The plant previously operated under the name Saskatchewan Clay Products; Dominion Fire Brick and Pottery Company; Dominion Fire Brick and Clay Products Ltd.; A.P. Green Refectories Ltd.
Crystal Hill School (now called the Crystal Hill Community Centre) - Constructed in 1930 as a one room school the building served as a school from 1930 until 1954. The building is based on a Waterman-Waterbury Company design.
Saskatchewan Wheat Pool Elevator #292 - Constructed in 1964, and located within the hamlet of Truax.
St. Joseph's Roman Catholic Church - Constructed in 1928, and located within the hamlet of Claybank.
Communities and localities
The following urban municipalities are surrounded by the RM.
VillagesAvonleaThe following unincorporated communities are within the RM.
Organized hamletsClaybankLocalitiesGravelbourg Junction
Truax (dissolved as a village, December 30, 1970)
In the 2016 Census of Population conducted by Statistics Canada, the RM of Elmsthorpe No. 100 recorded a population of 226 living in 98 of its 115 total private dwellings, a 7.6% change from its 2011 population of 210. With a land area of 843.12 km2 (325.53 sq mi), it had a population density of 0.3/km2 (0.7/sq mi) in 2016.In the 2011 Census of Population, the RM of Elmsthorpe No. 100 recorded a population of 210, a -18.6% change from its 2006 population of 258. With a land area of 843.12 km2 (325.53 sq mi), it had a population density of 0.2/km2 (0.6/sq mi) in 2011.
Agriculture is its major industry.
The RM of Elmsthorpe No. 100 is governed by an elected municipal council and an appointed administrator that meets on the first Wednesday of every month. The reeve of the RM is Ken Miller while its administrator is Jaimie Paranuik. The RM's office is located in Avonlea.