The Rural Municipality of Newcombe No. 260 (2016 population: 342) is a rural municipality (RM) in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan within Census Division No. 8 and SARM Division No. 3. It is located in the west-central portion of the province.
The RM of Newcombe No. 260 incorporated as a rural municipality on December 11, 1911. It is named after Allan Simpson Newcombe who played a leadership role in establishing the Boston Colony of immigrants from Massachusetts.
Heritage propertiesThere is one designated heritage property in the RM.
Ukrainian Catholic Parish of St. John the Baptist - Constructed in 1944 the church is located 20 km southwest of Kindersley. The site also contains a one-room school that was related to the site in 1961 for use as a church hall. Religious services were last conducted at the church in 1986.
Communities and localities
The following urban municipalities are surrounded by the RM.
VillagesGliddenThe following unincorporated communities are within the RM.
Madison (dissolved as a village, February 1, 1998)
In the 2016 Census of Population conducted by Statistics Canada, the RM of Newcombe No. 260 recorded a population of 342 living in 112 of its 119 total private dwellings, a -14.5% change from its 2011 population of 400. With a land area of 1,075.6 km2 (415.3 sq mi), it had a population density of 0.3/km2 (0.8/sq mi) in 2016.In the 2011 Census of Population, the RM of Newcombe No. 260 recorded a population of 400, a 10.8% change from its 2006 population of 361. With a land area of 1,075.6 km2 (415.3 sq mi), it had a population density of 0.4/km2 (1.0/sq mi) in 2011.
The RM of Newcombe No. 260 is governed by an elected municipal council and an appointed administrator that meets on the second Thursday of every month. The reeve of the RM is Ken McBride while its administrator is Monica Buddecke. The RM's office is located in Glidden.
The RM is at the intersection of Highway 21 and Highway 44. The Lemsford Ferry is located within the RM.