The Rural Municipality of Riverside No. 168 (2016 population: 477) is a rural municipality (RM) in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan within Census Division No. 8 and SARM Division No. 3.
The RM of Riverside No. 168 incorporated as a rural municipality on January 1, 1913.
Historical propertiesThere is one historical building located within the RM.
St. John's Norwegian Lutheran Church - (Also called St. John's Lutheran Church and Cemetery) the building was erected in 1919 by Norwegian pioneers to the area. The site is located 15 km south of Cabri
The north boundary of the RM is one of the arms of Lake Diefenbaker.
Communities and localities
The following urban municipalities are surrounded by the RM.
TownsCabriVillagesSuccessThe following unincorporated communities are within the RM.
In the 2016 Census of Population conducted by Statistics Canada, the RM of Riverside No. 168 recorded a population of 477 living in 176 of its 205 total private dwellings, a -2.7% change from its 2011 population of 490. With a land area of 1,298.39 km2 (501.31 sq mi), it had a population density of 0.4/km2 (1.0/sq mi) in 2016.In the 2011 Census of Population, the RM of Riverside No. 168 recorded a population of 490, a -4.1% change from its 2006 population of 511. With a land area of 1,298.39 km2 (501.31 sq mi), it had a population density of 0.4/km2 (1.0/sq mi) in 2011.
The RM of Riverside No. 168 is governed by an elected municipal council and an appointed administrator that meets on the second Tuesday of every month. The reeve of the RM is Richard Bye while its administrator is Brandi Prentice. The RM's office is located in Pennant.