Shelton Hospital was a mental health facility in Shelton, Shropshire, England. The main building survives and it is a Grade II listed building.
The hospital, which was designed by George Gilbert Scott and William Bonython Moffatt using a corridor layout, opened as the Shropshire and Wenlock Borough Lunatic Asylum in March 1845. A major extension, involving five extra wards, was completed in 1884. It became Salop Mental Hospital in 1921 and saw service as the Copthorne and Shelton Emergency Hospital during the Second World War.Shortly after reaching its peak population of 1,027 patients in 1947, the facility joined the National Health Service as Shelton Hospital in 1948. On 26 February 1968, tragedy struck the hospital when a fire ripped through a female ward, killing 21 patients.After the introduction of Care in the Community in the early 1980s, the hospital went into a period of decline and closed in September 2012. The main buildings were subsequently converted into apartments as Leighton Park. Meanwhile, a modern mental health facility known as the Redwoods Centre has been established a little south of the old hospital.