The Shire of Violet Town was a local government area about 170 kilometres (106 mi) northeast of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 935 square kilometres (361.0 sq mi), and existed from 1895 until 1994.
Violet Town was first incorporated as a shire on 11 April 1895, having previously been part of the Shire of Benalla and of the Shire of Euroa.On 18 November 1994, the Shire was abolished, and merged with the Shires of Euroa and Goulburn and some neighbouring districts into the Shire of Strathbogie. Caniambo and Tamleugh joined the City of Greater Shepparton whilst the Warrenbayne district transferred to the Shire of Delatite.
Violet Town was divided into three ridings, each of which elected three councillors:
Towns and localities