Stępina pronounced [stɛmˈpʲina] is a village in the administrative district of Gmina Frysztak, within Strzyżów County, Subcarpathian Voivodeship, in south-eastern Poland. It lies approximately 7 kilometres (4 mi) north-west of Frysztak, 16 km (10 mi) west of Strzyżów, and 36 km (22 mi) south-west of the regional capital Rzeszów.
The village has an approximate population of 920.
World War II
Stępina is the location of one of Hitler's bunkers called Anlage Süd, built in 1940-1941 with slave-labor from the Szebnie concentration camp nearby. Over the course of the camp's operation some 10,000 people perished, including Soviet prisoners of war, Polish Jews, non-Jewish Poles, as well as Ukrainians and Romani people.
The remains of the camp in Szebnie were entered by the Soviets on 8 September 1944 during counter-offensive of the Red Army.