Stockholm (2016 population: 352) is a village in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan within the Rural Municipality of Fertile Belt No. 183 and Census Division No. 5. It is 72 km (45 mi) south of the City of Yorkton along Highways 9 and 22. The municipal office for the Rural Municipality of Fertile Belt No. 183 is located in Stockholm.
Named after the capital of Sweden, the village was founded in the 1880s by Swedish settlers. Stockholm incorporated as a village on June 30, 1905. According to a Village of Stockholm commemorative plaque dated July 1, 1995, A J Stenberg and wife Svea named the community.
Heritage propertiesLandmarks in Stockholm include the New Stockholm Lutheran Church, also called the Swedish Evangelical Lutheran New Stockholm Church, which was erected in 1917 by Swedish immigrants.
In the 2016 Census of Population conducted by Statistics Canada, the Village of Stockholm recorded a population of 352 living in 168 of its 178 total private dwellings, a 3.1% change from its 2011 population of 341. With a land area of 1.65 km2 (0.64 sq mi), it had a population density of 213.3/km2 (552.5/sq mi) in 2016.In the 2011 Census of Population, the Village of Stockholm recorded a population of 341, a 5.6% change from its 2006 population of 323. With a land area of 1.65 km2 (0.64 sq mi), it had a population density of 206.7/km2 (535.3/sq mi) in 2011.
From 1997 to 2007, Jody Herperger operated an FM radio-rebroadcaster CFZY-FM for CHOZ-FM (St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador). The station filled a need for commercial top-40 programming on the FM band. The station was maintained for a number of years after CFGW-FM in Yorkton started commercial broadcasting, and ended transmissions in 2007.