Svitávka is a market town in Blansko District in the South Moravian Region of the Czech Republic. It has about 1,800 inhabitants.
Svitávka lies approximately 16 kilometres (10 mi) north of Blansko, 34 km (21 mi) north of Brno, and 170 km (106 mi) south-east of Prague.
The area was populated already in the stone age. The first written record is from
1284, when Wenceslaus II of Bohemia approved fortification. In year 1583, Rudolf II granted it market town status. The market town status was returned on October 10, 2006.