The Treasure House is a historic building located in Staten Island, New York City, New York, US. Samuel Grasset, a tanner and leather worker, built the original construction in approximately 1700. Additions were made in 1740, 1790 and 1860. Subsequent owners of the house in subsequent centuries include a cord wainer (shoemaker), innkeeper, stonemason, and coach trimmer. A number of local businesses have also occupied the structure. The house was named after a legend that a cache of American Revolutionary War era gold coins was discovered during renovation in about 1860.