Vovchukhy (Ukrainian: Вовчу́хи, Polish: Wołczuchy) is a village (selo) in the Lviv Oblast (province), Horodok Raion, of Western Ukraine.
The population of the village is just about 747 people and Local government is administered by Dolynianska village council.
The village is surrounded by Dobrjany, Dolyniany, Rodatychi and Bratkovychi. It is located at a distance of 2 kilometres (1.2 mi) from the highway in Ukraine M 11 connecting Lviv with Przemyśl. Near the village passes railway from Lviv to Przemyśl in Poland. A distance from Kernytsia to the district center Horodok is 10 kilometres (6.2 mi), to the regional center of Lviv is 40 kilometres (25 mi) and 51 kilometres (32 mi) to the Przemyśl.
History and Attractions
The village was founded in 1428.
The village has attractions of monumental art of Horodok Raion – a monument to Ivan Franko, and the priest Zahayevych. In the village there is a monument to Taras Shevchenko, a monument to Ukrainian Sich Riflemen.
Zahayevych Vasyl Dmytrovych – Ukrainian writer, educator. The priest of the Greek Catholic Church, the pastor of the village Vovchukhy. A close associate of Ivan Franko.