Vyshnia (Ukrainian: Ви́шня), (the former name – Benkova Vyshnia (Ukrainian: Бенькова Вишня) – is a selo (village) in the Horodok Raion, Lviv Oblast (province) of western Ukraine.
The population of the village is about 1819 people and Local government is administered by Vyshnianska village council.
The village Vyshnia is located in the Horodotsky Raion (Horodok Raion), at a distance of 2 kilometres (1.2 mi) from the Highway Ukraine ( H 13) – Lviv – Sambir – Uzhhorod. Area of the village totals is 4,29 km2 and is located along the Vyshnia River (a right tributary of the San River) on the altitude of 264 metres (870 ft) above sea level.
A distance from Vyshnia to the district center Horodok is 24 kilometres (15 mi), to the regional center of Lviv is 48 kilometres (30 mi) and 3 kilometres (1.9 mi) to the Rudky.
History and Attractions
The first written record of the village dates from 1438. In the 18th century these lands belonged to the family Urbanski. Fredro family had settled in the village Bieńkowa Wisznia in 1797.
In the village is an architectural monument of local importance of Horodok Raion, Lviv Oblast. It is a wooden Church of Saints Cosmas and Damian (1805).
Aleksander Fredro lived on the family estate in the Benkova Vyshnia.