The Washington Confederate Memorial is located in the Washington Presbyterian Cemetery, off United States Route 278 on the northwest side of Washington, Arkansas. The memorial is a marble obelisk, 7'8" tall, which is mounted on a three-tiered brick base that is 4'10" tall. It marks the grave site of 74 unknown Confederate Army soldiers, many of whom were killed in the 1863 Battle of Prairie D'Ane. The monument was raised by public subscription in 1888, and underwent restorative maintenance as recently as 1994.The inscriptions read on the east, south, and north faces respectively:
The monument was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1996.